The Child Sex Trafficking Seminar, April 29–May 1, 2014, at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center in Atlanta, Georgia, is part of the 2014 Specialized Analytic Seminar Series, which is a series of introductory and intermediate analytic courses to support the training of analysts in analytic competencies and tradecraft offered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), in partnership with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ).
The Child Sex Trafficking Seminar is a 2½-day event focusing on the details of how to investigate child sex trafficking. Although the event focuses mainly on operational strategies and tactics used to investigate child sex trafficking, topics related to analytics—such as quantifying this specific problem within a given area—and intelligence sharing will be presented as well. This seminar is designed for law enforcement investigators, analysts, and prosecutors. Additional partner organizations for this event include the Federal Bureau of Investigation; U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement; DHS Blue Campaign; Human Smuggling and Trafficking Center; Georgia Bureau of Investigation; Georgia Information Sharing and Analysis Center; and Georgia Emergency Management Agency, Office of Homeland Security.
• How to Utilize Online Chat Rooms
• How to Use Online Advertisement Web Sites
• Undercover Operations to Combat Child Sex Trafficking
• International Child Sex Trafficking Investigations
• Current and Future Solutions to Human Trafficking Information Sharing
• Utilizing Survey Results to Quantify Law Enforcement’s Awareness of and Involvement in Human Trafficking-Related Activity
• Victim Impact Statements
• Prosecution of Traffickers of Children
There is no registration fee for the seminars. Law enforcement and analytic personnel may register for this seminar at http://dhs.anl.gov/analyticseminar. This site includes additional details regarding registration and logistics.
For questions regarding the Specialized Analytic Seminar Series, please visit the OJP Event Calendar or e-mail email@example.com.
All Seminar Topics and Locations
• Child Sex Trafficking: April 29–May 1, 2014, Atlanta, Georgia
• Cybersecurity: June 5–6, 2014, Albany, New York
• Air Domain: August 12–13, 2014, Nashville, Tennessee
• Suspicious Activity Reporting: October 8–9, 2014, Glendale, AZ