What are the core capabilities and functionality supported in N-DEx?
The N-DEx Core Capabilities
- Provide an automatic correlation of specific identifying data (persons, places, and things) contained in the N-DEx inputs
- Interactively identify and report similar or identical crime characteristics and, when available, modus operandi occurring between all crime incidents/events contained in the inputted data
- Provide UCR statistical data to produce formatted or user-specified tables, charts, graphs, and reports to support quantitative analyses of crime and crime trends.
The N-DEx System
- Provides repository and index for criminal justice information on a national scale
- Links current and developing systems to identify and access pertinent information
- Supplies access to information that can link and solve crimes and form investigative partnerships
- Advances UCR statistical outputs for the 21st century
- Affords an advanced crime-modeling tool for strategic, operational, and tactical analysis
- Offers innovative investigative and analytic tools
- Provides a system that does not need to be “knowledge driven”