The description of technique for, "Metadata" in NIEM
This technique provides a general method for applying metadata and additional content to data objects in NIEM. It enables users to create a block of Metadata in NIEM metadata and apply it to objects in exchanges. An object states what metadata applies to it using the metadata attribute.
In this example, we have a specific reported date for a person object:
This example has a few interesting features:
• The person object refers to its metadata
– The reference uses the attribute s:metadata
– The reference is to the object with id MD
• The metadata is a separate element
– The element is called Metadata.
– The metadata object has the id ‘MD.
• The ID is conveyed with the attribute s:id
– The metadata object contains an element ReportedDate