NIEM 3.1 Final Version
The final operational release of NIEM Version 3.1 has been published and is now available. NIEM 3.1 is a minor release that incorporates user needs since NIEM 3.0 was launched in November 2013.
NIEM 3.1 highlights:
One new domain has added content to the model for the first time:
Six existing domains have updated their model content:
- Children, Youth, and Family Services (CYFS)
- International Trade
- Military Operations (MilOps)
Two core supplements that apply to NIEM Core 3.0 are included:
- Supplement 3.0.1 - Incorporates all U.S. State codes into U.S. Postal Service (USPS) code list-including Alabama (AL) that was previously omitted.
- Supplement 3.0.2 - Incorporates the following updates:
- Adds correct constraint for Longitude MGRSCoordinateType (Military Grid Reference System); increases precision.
- Adds PersonUnionStatus (for Person associations).
- Adds new values added by authoritative sources to the following code lists:
NIEM 3.1 marks the first time we have exercised the new Version 3.0 architecture that allows:
- (1) easy adjustments to code lists and
- (2) supplements to core without the need to wait for a major release cycle.
The NIEM 3.1 Final Version Package is available at: https://www.niem.gov/technical/Pages/current-release.aspx